Courtesy of Cuisinart.
Caramel Nut Popcorn
- 8 cups popped popcorn
- 1/2 cup whole almonds
- 1/2 cup roasted cashews
- 1/2 cup macadamia nuts
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter
- 1/2 cup light corn syrup
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- preheat oven to 300* F.
- prepare a sheet tray by lining it with foil; spray with cooking spray.
- place popcorn and nuts in a large mixing bowl that has also been sprayed with cooking spray. reserve.
- Place the butter, corn syrup, and brown sugar in a 3-quart saucepan over high heat. Bring mixture to a boil. Using a candy thermometer, bring mixture to 275* F, and remove pan from heat. Stir in vanilla and baking soda very carefully, as caramel will sputter when ingredients are added.
- Pour mixture over popcorn and nuts and toss immediately with a heatproof spatula
- Pour popcorn mixture out onto prepared sheet pan and place in preheated oven. Bake for about 45 minutes, stirring every 15 minutes.
- Allow to cool and bake into pieces to serve.
Then package beautifully with all your fun papers and bows and enjoy.
Happy eating and crafting!