Sunday, June 20, 2010

Throwback Challenge!

This is a card I made for Emma's Throwback Challenge.

When I saw this was a  "throwback" challenge I immediately went back into my childhood and when I saw this cut out it reminded me of the most frustrating game I have ever played back in elementary school: The Oregon Trail! Maybe you are familiar with it...or maybe your kids are...if not, click on the link for some information.

It was so frustrating because I always died. I was a very poor hunter and I always died of a broken arm or dysentery. So I thought what a great way to wish someone a happy birthday than with Dysentery!



















For this challenge I had to use Paper Doll Dress Up ( which I just got for $19.99 at Michaels this week!) Had to be an altered or 3-d object. I altered a blank red card and made the image 3-d with some pop dots.


Card Front:  I would be so sad if....

Inside: You died of Dysentery. Happy Birthday.

1 comment:

  1. WHat a GREAT card! Thank you for joining my Throwback Thursday Challenge!
    Big Hugs,
    Emma;)

    ReplyDelete